something about uploading mass amounts of “selfies”?
Yesterday something awful happened. Our van was robbed as it sat in a heavily trafficked parking lot in the middle of a hot, bright, San Antonio day. The lock on our rear passenger door was pried open, and our gear and personal items tossed into a Grey Chevy Suburban that drove away only minutes before we discovered that the following items were missing:
- Rickenbacker 4003 bass
- Reverend Charger 290 guitar
- Pedaltrain Pedalboard (pedals, too)
- Sunn Coliseum head
- Traynor YBA-1 head (baffle missing)
We feel confused, violated, and absolutely defeated. We’re crossing our fingers that something will turn up and our gear (and my retainers) will be returned, but we know how unlikely that is. Regardless, whether it’s a matter of pride or principle, the last thing we want to do is ask for help, but none of us really know what else to do.
If you feel so inclined, we will be accepting donations through PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you feel odd donating, we have some shirts for sale on our merch store (www.merchnow.com/catalogs/you-blew-it). The kind people at MerchNOWwill be running a “sale” of sorts where they will be waiving the typical processing fees that usually come out of what the band sees and donating it to us which is very awesome and very generous.
If clothing isn’t your thing, you can purchase ANY of our records via BandCamp with all proceeds being donated directly to the band by our lovely label, Topshelf Records(http://topshelfrecords.bandcamp.com/album/keep-doing-what-youre-doing). They will also be posting some rare items for sale in the next few days so keep an eye out for that.
By no means do we feel entitled to your assistance, but I can say that absolutely anything helps. We’re not the only band that feels that way, either. Have Mercy and Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) just suffered similar pitfalls, and I’m sure they too would be very grateful for anything you could spare.
Most importantly, though, I want to issue a very heartfelt “thank you” for everyone’s support since the robbery. My retainers are gone, so I can’t speak for it’s attractiveness, but I’m still smiling. We all are.
- Tanner & You Blew It
Here are some photos of the gear that was stolen, either in the foreground or background. If you see anything listed on the internet, please come forward. In addition, photos of the van door they broke into and the location of the robbery.
Sunn Coliseum head
Reverend Charger 290
When your “food choices” greatly impact other things (humans, non-human animals and the planet) it’s no longer a personal choice. Animals aren’t grazing happily in beautiful pastures then walk their way onto your plate. You literally have to unlearn everything you hear growing up, most of it is utter bullshit, we’re absolutely brainwashed by these money hungry industries -
- Over 56 billion animals are killed a year for food. Meat we don’t need.
- In the US 70% of grain grown and 85% of soy grown is for cattle and other farm animals. Could feed a lot of starving people with that.
- It takes 13 pounds of grain to make one pound of animal flesh..again could be using that to feed hungry people.
- 260 million acres of US forest has been leveled to grow grain and house livestock for meat.
- 80% of deforestation of the Amazon rain forest is due to cattle farms, and growing crops to feed them.
- Half the water in the US is used to raising ”food animals”
- US fisheries kill thousands of protected and engendered sea animals. Cetaceans (dolphins, whales, porpoises) and sharks are tremendously affected by trawl nets.
- Meat is often contaminated with feces. Campylobacter (usually on chicken) alone is responsible for 2.4 cases of food poisoning a year. (96% of Tyson chicken tested positive for this bacteria)
- Every year a shit ton of meat is contaminated with E. coli. The USDA reported that 70% food poisoning is caused by contaminated animal flesh.
- Yes plant food can be contaminated with e.coli and other bacteria but that’s due to runoff from cattle farms spraying/leaking into fields growing fresh vegetables.
- Meat and dairy are loaded with antibiotics and hormones (even milk labeled as hormone free)
- People talk about vegans ignoring exploited workers when according to Humans Right Watch slaughterhouse work is the most dangerous factory job in america. The work is filthy and they’re underpaid, in constant danger and crazily overworked.
- Dairy and meat have been linked to Heart Disease, High blood pressure, Many forms of cancer, diabetes and more. Animal protein, cholesterol and saturated animal fats are horrible for us. My doctor told me he had to worry about me less once I told him I was vegan.
- Farm animals are just as smart as the pets we having in our homes. Pigs even smarter than dogs. These are sentient animals. These animals don’t die happy for your 5 minute meal, they struggle until their last breath.
- Veganism doesn’t just help animals. Helps the planet and humans too. It’s unselfish, it’s important.
ate 2 boxes worth of pasta salad, alone, in the dark. send help
“One of the things that constantly shocks people I speak to is how young farmed animals are before they are killed. Despite advertising and other popular notions to the contrary, farms are not benign places for farmed animals. Most are intensive factories designed to get animals from birth to slaughter in the quickest time possible. They are certainly not sanctuaries.”
“The positive is, of course, all this death is avoidable. No farmed animal – regardless of whatever age they are – has to die for you if you choose to stop eating meat, eggs and dairy products. The best way to end the suffering of animals is to go vegan - or at least start in that direction.”
Read the full blog post here.
Great post, thanks for putting this up.
wow i did not post this wtf help