Today’s the day. The day you help save the internet from being ruined.
(Long story short: The FCC is about to make a critical decision as to whether or not internet service providers have to treat all traffic equally. If they choose wrong, then the internet where anyone can start a website for any reason at all, the internet that’s been so momentous, funny, weird, and surprising—that internet could cease to exist. Here’s your chance to preserve a beautiful thing.)
I think I rolled over in my sleep and broke my cats paw!!!!
something about uploading mass amounts of “selfies”?
When your “food choices” greatly impact other things (humans, non-human animals and the planet) it’s no longer a personal choice. Animals aren’t grazing happily in beautiful pastures then walk their way onto your plate. You literally have to unlearn everything you hear growing up, most of it is utter bullshit, we’re absolutely brainwashed by these money hungry industries -
- Over 56 billion animals are killed a year for food. Meat we don’t need.
- In the US 70% of grain grown and 85% of soy grown is for cattle and other farm animals. Could feed a lot of starving people with that.
- It takes 13 pounds of grain to make one pound of animal flesh..again could be using that to feed hungry people.
- 260 million acres of US forest has been leveled to grow grain and house livestock for meat.
- 80% of deforestation of the Amazon rain forest is due to cattle farms, and growing crops to feed them.
- Half the water in the US is used to raising ”food animals”
- US fisheries kill thousands of protected and engendered sea animals. Cetaceans (dolphins, whales, porpoises) and sharks are tremendously affected by trawl nets.
- Meat is often contaminated with feces. Campylobacter (usually on chicken) alone is responsible for 2.4 cases of food poisoning a year. (96% of Tyson chicken tested positive for this bacteria)
- Every year a shit ton of meat is contaminated with E. coli. The USDA reported that 70% food poisoning is caused by contaminated animal flesh.
- Yes plant food can be contaminated with e.coli and other bacteria but that’s due to runoff from cattle farms spraying/leaking into fields growing fresh vegetables.
- Meat and dairy are loaded with antibiotics and hormones (even milk labeled as hormone free)
- People talk about vegans ignoring exploited workers when according to Humans Right Watch slaughterhouse work is the most dangerous factory job in america. The work is filthy and they’re underpaid, in constant danger and crazily overworked.
- Dairy and meat have been linked to Heart Disease, High blood pressure, Many forms of cancer, diabetes and more. Animal protein, cholesterol and saturated animal fats are horrible for us. My doctor told me he had to worry about me less once I told him I was vegan.
- Farm animals are just as smart as the pets we having in our homes. Pigs even smarter than dogs. These are sentient animals. These animals don’t die happy for your 5 minute meal, they struggle until their last breath.
- Veganism doesn’t just help animals. Helps the planet and humans too. It’s unselfish, it’s important.
ate 2 boxes worth of pasta salad, alone, in the dark. send help
“One of the things that constantly shocks people I speak to is how young farmed animals are before they are killed. Despite advertising and other popular notions to the contrary, farms are not benign places for farmed animals. Most are intensive factories designed to get animals from birth to slaughter in the quickest time possible. They are certainly not sanctuaries.”
“The positive is, of course, all this death is avoidable. No farmed animal – regardless of whatever age they are – has to die for you if you choose to stop eating meat, eggs and dairy products. The best way to end the suffering of animals is to go vegan - or at least start in that direction.”
Read the full blog post here.
Great post, thanks for putting this up.